Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Garden Conservatory's Open Days Tour

After visiting James David and Gary Peese's amazing garden during Spring Fling, I couldn't miss a chance to see it again and drag some more friends along with me during The Garden Conservatory's Open Days Tour. Just like my first time visiting this garden, I spent more time searching out interesting niches and talking to people than I did taking pictures. No matter, the garden was crowded with visitors and the light was terrible for photography, though I did have some decent pictures turn out in the shade.

And ironically, once again I somehow escaped taking a picture of the dramatic lawn. Someday I'm going to compile a list of links to everyone's Spring Fling pictures of that lawn, and it's going to be awesome.








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I missed this post before, Lori. Did you back date it? At any rate, you captured some of my favorite vignettes in David's garden. I especially liked that "secret" door tucked next to the cut-away shrub. And those gorgeous pots of succulents.

Lori said...

Pam, not only did you not miss this post (yup, I backdated it), you found it right after I put it up. I'm in the process of going through all the photos I took this summer and putting up posts. I got kind of burned out on fighting with Blogger, but I'd like my garden record to be more complete, so look for a few backdated posts over the next week or so. I'll post a current post with links to all of the backdated entries when I'm done catching up.

outer banks real estate said...

Amazing house..are all of these found in your home? You must be one lucky person to be surrounded by so many blooms.

Car leasing companies said...

stones stairs..and garden..the hanging gardens! This is what I remember looking at these photos.

www.guipuzcoa-3d.com said...

It can't truly work, I think this way.